Now in its 18th year, this course presented by the International Commodities and Derivatives Association at the historic HMS Belfast in London on 2-3 May 2018, covers the following:
* The developments in structures and how these structures impact on risk
* The impact of different lending rationales and the prospects of repayment
* Typical structures and how they work
* Components of structured commodity trade finance (‘SCTF’) from a practitioner perspective with a “best practice” checklist
* The benefits and opportunities presented by insurance and other risk mitigants
* Emerging market opportunities and the “dos” and don’ts” of emerging market domiciles
* The lessons of the 2008 financial crisis: how did trade finance structures hold up?
* Pre-export finance and other relevant structures in a crisis context
* Full risk assessment: is SCTF the only way forward?
* Basel III and the impacts of the latest regulatory developments on trade finance & SCTF
* Ensuring bankers, financiers and traders haven’t learnt the wrong lessons from the financial markets crisis
The course trainer is John MacNamara (‘Mac’), Managing Director and Global Head of Structured Commodity Trade Finance at Deutsche Bank AG. Mac is responsible for commodity-backed lending in both Developed and Emerging Markets. Prior to joining Deutsche 15 years ago, Mac was Head of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance at Santander in London, and has worked for other international banks and trading companies in London since 1982. Publications include his 2001 book “Structured Trade & Commodity Finance in Emerging Markets: What can go Wrong?” and he wrote the chapter on PXF for the Loan Market Association (LMA)’s 2013 textbook “Developing Loan Markets”. There is not enough space to put his whole amazing biography here….but you can see the full details of the training course by following the link below:
Cancellation terms: You may cancel your registration at any time up to two weeks prior to the event without charge & we will refund your registration fee in full, less an administration charge. If you cancel within two weeks of the event you may transfer your place free-of-charge to a colleague, or you must pay in full. This training is organised by Temeriti Ltd in the UK on behalf of ICDA. Full terms and conditions apply (see website for details)